Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

After Highschool

Hello there!

The other day I had a conversation with someone about our thoughts on university and after high school life. We had very differing views upon it and i'd like to talk about it today.

When I graduated just over a year ago, I decided to take a year off of schooling to have some fun, work, travel and save some more money. I was never pressured into going into post secondary right out of high school, which I strongly feel is wrong. Never let someone pressure you into something if you don't feel ready or you honestly have no idea what you want to do yet. There no point in going and spending tons of money if you don't know what you want to do. Take some time, think about it and just breathe. 

When I graduated, I thought I had a plan on what I wanted to do with my life but things changed for me and I went through some stuff in the first 6 months after I left high school. It gave me a total shift in my thinking and what I wanted to do. Even though no one pressured me into anything, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. It started to show and I became very unhappy, frustrated and anxious. I thought I should have everything already figured out, even though I was only 18. I forgot that I'm still so young and everything will come into place when its supposed to. The more pressure you put on yourself, the harder everything becomes.

I just want to let anyone reading this to know that please don't feel pressured or upset if your still confused as hell as to what you want to do. There is no rush and school is always there, maybe school isn't even for you. Perhaps you just want to go right into the workforce, that's okay. Whatever your doing is okay, you have your own path for life. We're not all meant to do the same thing, there is something different for everyone. Also, don't let anyone stop you from achieving your dreams! No matter what you dreams are, you go for it! If it will make you happy, then do it! What's the point in doing something as a career if it doesn't make you happy? If your really love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life. I know sometimes that isn't an option and you'll have to do the crappy jobs to be able to live, but always shoot for and hold onto your dreams! Don't let anyone tell you different if thats's what you choose to believe.

You do you, whatever that it is!

Keep dreaming and make those dreams your reality! x

-Kaitlyn

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment